Click and shop here. It's easy, it's fast, it's safe !
Planning to buy a house, go shopping or want to travel? Or, just listening to old sweet music, login to thesalvogroup.com
© 2011 www.thesalvogroup.com All Rights Reserved.
Except for names, reports, data, pictures, etc which are local in content, most of the articles, pictures and others herein are standard information provided by the Order of the Knights of Rizal, National Headquarters, other chapters worldwide, contributors and friends as allowed.
This website is created as a gift to the Jersey Chapter of the Knights of Rizal
Order of the Knights of Rizal
The Knights of Rizal
The Order of the Knights of Rizal is a civic and patriotic organization recognized by law as an instrumentality by which the teachings of our national hero, Dr. Jose Rizal 'may be propagated among the Filipino people, and others who may believe in his teachings to the end that they may emulate and follow his examples.
Aside from its being a civic and patriotic organization it is also cultural, non sectarian, non partisan and non racial.
PURPOSES AND OBJECTIVE
The purposes or objectives of the Knights of Rizal are as follow:
- 1.To study the teachings of Dr. Jose Rizal;
- 2.To inculcate and propagate them in and among all classes of the Filipino people, and by words and deeds to exhort our citizenry to emulate and practice the example and teachings of our national hero.
- 3. To promote among the associated knights the spirit of patriotism and Rizalian chivalry;
- 4. To develop a perfect union among the Filipinos in rever¬ing the memory of Dr. Jose Rizal; and
- 5. To organize and hold programs commemorative of Rizal's and martyrdom.
Every member of the Order must be familiar with the objectives of the Knights of Rizal. Knowing the objectives of the Order provides a sense of direction for every member. Admission to the Order is not merely a ceremonial rite. It implies duties and responsibilities.
Every member has a mission to fulfill "to study the teachings of Dr. Jose Rizal, and to inculcate and propagate them among all classes of the Filipino people" and others who would want to follow his teachings and examples. Rizal himself said "God has not made anything useless in this world, as all beings fulfill or fill a role in this sublime drama of creation, I cannot exempt myself from this duty, and however small, 1, too, have a mission to fulfill as, for example, alleviating the sufferings of my people.
KNIGHTS OF RIZAL HAS CORPORATE POWERS
As a legal entity the Knights of Rizal can exercise corporate powers. Thus, it shall have perpetual succession, with power to sue and be sued, to hold such real and personal property as shall be necessary for corporate purposes; to solicit and receive public contributions; to receive real and personal property by gift, devise, or bequest; to adopt a seal and to alter the same at pleasure; to have offices and conduct' its business and affairs in the City of Manila and elsewhere; to make and adopt by laws, rules, and regulations not inconsistent with the laws of the Philippines, and generally to do all such acts and things (including the establishment of regulations for election of associates and successors) as may be necessary to carry into effect the provisions of Republic Act 646 and to promote the purposes of said corporation. (Sec. 3, Rep. Act 646)
The Supreme Council shall determine the fees and other charges which shall be paid by members of the Order. Such fees may be increased or decreased by the Supreme Council, as circumstances may warrant.
Knights of Rizal or persons conferred the fourth and fifth degrees shall be exempted from payment of membership fees.
Unless otherwise changed or modified by the Supreme Council, the annual fees to be paid by the chapters and members of the Order shall be as follows:
1. Each chapter may collect from its members an annual membership fee in such amount that the member concerned may be willing or can afford to pay, irrespective of rank or position, provided that the same shall not be less than five pesos (P5.00) a month, or sixty pesos (P60.00) a year.
2. The fees collected from the members shall constitute the operating fund of the chapter to be used for its activities and projects, and for the payment of the corresponding chapter fee hereinafter provided.
3. In lieu of remitting a definite portion of the fees collected from its members, each chapter with a membership of less than fifty shall pay an annual fee of two hundred (P200.00). Pesos and three hundred (F300.00) pesos if its members exceed fifty.
4. This re5olution supersedes any previous directive, circular or memorandum issued by the Supreme Council on the subject of the payment of members’ and chapters' fees insofar as they are inconsistent herewith.
5. This resolution is effective starting the year 1985. (Supreme Council Resolution March, 1985.
MEMBERS OF THE ORDER
The members of the Order are known as Knights of Rizal (Caballeros de Rizal or Mga Maginoong Maka Rizal) and are classified into five degrees for those having the necessary qualifications.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP
All persons of legal age; of good moral character and reputation, who are in sympathy with the purposes' of the Knights of Rizal, are eligible for active membership, upon un6ni¬mous approval of the Supreme Council en banc of a written application therefore duly endorsed by at least two active *mem-bers of the Order. (Sec. 4, Rep. Act 646)
The pertinent provisions of the Code of By Laws of the Order shall likewise apply in the admission of new members.
DEGREES OF MEMBERSHIP
The five degrees of membership in the Order of the Knights of Rizal are as follows:
First Degree - Knight of Rizal
A candidate who is admitted and initiated into the degree of membership is known as a Knight of Rizal.
To qualify for admission to the first degree, one must be of legal age; of good moral character and reputation, who believes in Rizal and is willing to learn more about him and follow his teachings. Application for membership shall be made in writing and duly endorsed by at least two members in good standing of the Order and approved by the Supreme Council or chapter concerned. (Art. IV, Sec. 1 Code of By Laws)
Second Degree - Knight Officer of Rizal
A Knight Officer of Rizal is one who has been elevated to the second degree of the Order upon fulfillment of the following degree work requirements:
He must have served the Order at least six months in the first degree, and must also be favorably recommended by a Special Committee created for the purpose by the Supreme Council or by the Chapter concerned. (Art. IV, Sec. 1 Code of By Laws)
Third Degree - Knight Commander of Rizal
A Knight Commander of Rizal is one who has been exalted to the third degree of the Order.
Any Knight of Rizal, regardless of the degree he is in or of the time he has served therein, who has fulfilled the requirements as may be prescribed by the Supreme Council for the purpose may be exalted as "Knight Commander of Rizal," upon approval of the Supreme. Council.
A Knight of Rizal who has been elected as a member of the Supreme Council or as Chapter Commander shall be qualified for exaltation as Knight Commander of Rizal.
Provided, however, that any person, not a member of the Order, who has distinguished himself by meritorious service which has enhanced the objectives of the Order, or has written a book of general acceptance on Rizal, may also be exalted to this category upon written recommendation of the Prefectural Tribunal created by the Supreme Council or by the Chapter concerned, duly approved by the Supreme Council. The written recommendation of the Prefectural Tribunal created by the Supreme Council or by the Chapter concerned, shall specifically state the achievements of the candidate for exaltation which have been considered as the basis for the recommendation for exaltation.
Fourth Degree – Knight Grand Officer of Rizal
A Knight Grand Officer of Rizal is one who has been conferred the second highest degree of the Order.
Any Knight of Rizal or any person who has performed an outstanding achievement for the Philippines or for the Order, may be conferred the degree of Knight Grand Officer of Rizal by the Supreme Council.
By virtue of a resolution approved by the Supreme Council a Knight of Rizal duly elected as Supreme Trustee shall be qualified for conferment to the Fourth degree. (November, 1985)
Fifth Degree - Knight Grand Cross of Rizal
Knight Grand Cross of Rizal is one who has the highest degree of the Order
Any Knight of Rizal or any person who has performed an outstanding achievement for the Philippines or for the Order, may be conferred the degree of Knight Grand Cross of Rizal by the Supreme Council at a Regular or Special General Assembly called for the purpose.
After the election and organization of the Executive Officers of the Order; a trustee of the Supreme Councif elected as Supreme Commander shall be conferred the Knight Grand Cross of Rizal.
DISTINGUISHED SERVICE STAR
A Knight of Rizal who has performed an, outstanding ac¬hievement for the Order may be awarded the Distinguished Service Star upon the recommendation of the Prefectural Tribunal and approved by the Supreme Council.
DISTINGUISHED SERVICE CROSS
A Knight of Rizal or any person who has performed an outstanding achievement for the Philippines or for the Order may be awarded the Distinguished Service Cross upon the recommendation of the Prefectural Tribunal and approval by the Supreme Council.
This is a higher award than the distinguished service star. The recipient of this award may be a person other than a member of the Order.
YEAR ROUND PROGRAM OF ACTIVITIES
The Order maintains a year round program of activities to carry out the objectives of the organization on a national and regional or chapter level in keeping with the teachings and examples of the National hero; to wit:
I. To study and spread the teachings of Rizal;
2. To organize and to hold annual programs in honor of Rizal such as June 19 (birth anniversary) and December 30 commemorating his martyrdorn;
3. To hold piograms, convocations, seminars, training institutes in schools and universities;
4. To hold oratorical and essay contests among students and private citizens;
5. To organize institutional chapters from the elementary to' the college level under the auspices of the local chapter;
6. To help organize auxiliary units composed of women civic leaders who may. function as counterpart organizations of the local chapter;
7. To solicit and donate books, writings and other reading materials by and about the national hero to libraries and other reading centers;
8. To sponsor contest and give awards to outstanding citizens for outstanding achievements in the arts and sciences, the professions, industry, agriculture Thd the promotion of international understanding.
9. To erect, if there be none, a monument, marker or bust of Rizal within the proper vicinity or locality,
10. To sponsor literary contests on poetry, essays and charac¬ters in Rizal's novels; within the context
11, To participate and discuss public issues of RizaI's philosophy and ideals which will promote unity, freedom and peace with justice; and
12. Any other such activity or project which will in one way of another lead to the development and perpetuation of the sublime memory our national hero.
During the Annual General Assembly and E16ctions of the members to the Supreme Council an annua.1 report is prepared and distributed to the members present and to all chapters of the Order. The Annual Report contains the report of the Supreme Commander, its financial, position properly audited.
National, regional, chapter and foreign activities of the Order and the activities and programs pursued during the year under review.
To assure attendance in the general assembly and elections all chapters and members are notified by the national headquarters/ secretariat. The general assembly and elections take place in Manila because the principal office of the Order is in Manila which is pursuant to the Rep. Act. 646. The general assembly provides an opportunity for all officers and members of the Order to meet in a fraternal spirit.
- RA 646
Order of the Knights of Rizal
R. Act 646
Council of Elders
Life & Works
If you like what you see in our website, please share and tell your friends about us.
Order of the Knights of Rizal